导读：Savi和Intermec联合推出应用于军事上的增强型RFID读写系统。该系统可读取电子标签及多种条形码，有300M的内存，结合了Intermec 700 Series 全数字键盘彩色移动计算机，支持802.11标准无线 LAN 和 GSM/GPRS，同时也包括Savi SmartChain® Mobile Manager软件和双频可移动读写器SMR-650。这种读写系统全方位读取范围达200英尺，无需独立充电器。这款新增强型RFID读写系统将应用于军事供应链物品追踪上。 Savi and Intermec Introduce Enhanced Active RFID Reader System to Track In-Transit and RFID-Tagged Military Supplies
Provides more powerful and agile capabilities for real-time supply chain visibility in military operations
SUNNYVALE Calif. and EVERETT Wash. - Nov. 21 2005 - Savi Technology and Intermec Technologies Corporation two long-time leading providers of real-time supply chain solutions for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) today introduced a new active RFID reader system designed specifically to read bar codes and active radio frequency identification (RFID) tags. The lightweight highly functional RFID reader system enhances the ability of DoD logistics personnel to identify and keep track of in-transit military supplies marked with bar code and active RFID technologies.
First orders and shipments of the dual-frequency reader system already have been made to the U.S. Department of Defense.
Savi Technology a leading provider of RFID supply chain solutions holds the DoD's procurement contract for active RFID technologies and related software and services. Intermec which develops manufactures and integrates technologies that identify track and manage supply chain assets is the DoD's prime contractor for mobile computing and related automatic identification technology (AIT) systems and services.
Drawing on a combined 30 years of DoD experience the ruggedized reader system includes additional functionality and is lighter smaller and more robust than previous generations of similar devices. It is able to read from and write to Savi's active data-rich RFID tags and also can scan and process data from standard linear matrix stacked and composite bar codes.
The RFID reader system integrates three key technology components:
· A special edition of Intermec's powerful 700 Series color mobile computer with a full alphanumeric keypad. It supports batch 802.11-standard wireless LAN and GSM/GPRS wide-area wireless capabilities and offers integrated bar code scanning options. The unit is ergonomically designed for a full day's use in harsh environments. This special edition of the popular Intermec 700 Series is available only as part of the Savi/Intermec active RFID reader system.
· The Savi Mobile Reader (SMR-650). The SMR-650 based on Savi's EchoPoint(TM) technology uses both 123MHz radio frequency for short-range transmissions and 433.92 MHz radio frequency for long-range radio transmissions up to 200 feet. The SMR is a low-profile lightweight battery-operated reader that commissions reads and writes to Savi's active data-rich RFID tags. The SMR-650 mounts on the back of the Intermec mobile computer.
· Savi SmartChain® Mobile Manager software which is installed on the Intermec mobile computer enables users to read write and edit active RFID tag data through the SMR. SmartChain Mobile Manager also provides export features that allow data files to be transferred between the Savi Site Manager software and the handheld device.
The system provides capabilities previously unavailable in RFID handheld reader systems used by the DoD including:
· More than 300MB of memory compared with 32MB in a previous version.
· Omnidirectional RFID read ranges of up to 200 feet; prior handhelds used directional antennas that provided a read range of up to 100 feet.
· A bracket to mount the Savi SMR-650 onto the Intermec mobile computer which allows the SMR to draw power from the handheld and eliminates the need for a separate charger. The SMR-650 also can be interfaced with other models of Intermec 700 Series mobile computers.
· A docking station to upload data collected by the Intermec mobile computer into the DoD's information systems including the Total Asset Visibility network.
The new mobile computer and reader system developed by Savi and Intermec is a perfect example of how the private sector teamed up with the defense sector to advance critical technology that supports our most important asset - the war fighter said David Stephens Savi Senior Vice President Public Sector. Partnering with Intermec has generated a multitude of new features and functions that have been integrated into this handheld computer to meet the needs of the DoD's logistics operations.